Bob Page and Replacements, Ltd. proudly support a work environment that is fair, open, honest and safe; an environment where differences in people's backgrounds, beliefs or personal characteristics are respected; one where opportunity and advancement are based on individual merit and performance. All employees and potential employees are evaluated without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, disability, veteran status or genetic information. If you would like to join a workforce of talented, caring individuals who support non-discrimination, please contact us. Replacements, Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you are interested in applying for any position listed below or inquiring about other employment opportunities, please call us for availability at
1-800-REPLACE (1-800-737-5223) or email us at
We offer competitive starting wages, company-provided training, medical and dental benefits, company nurse and nurse practitioner, on-site dispensary, 401(k) plan, paid vacations/holidays, varying shifts to fit your schedule, up to a 50% employee discount, bring your dog to work, and more.
Join our team and learn how we Replace the Irreplaceable for thousands of satisfied customers everyday. Many advancement possibilities are available for those displaying true dedication and commitment.
Under direct supervision, the Database Administrator is responsible for managing company databases and ensuring that they provide optimum performance and availability to all database servers or users.
- Administers relational and non-relational corporate databases on all server platforms
- Proactively manages the databases
- Installs updates, patches, and new releases of the database server software Installs and maintains all database server software and utilities
- Maintains secure access to the database
- Develops database backup strategies and procedures to insure a successful recovery in the event of damaged or lost database structure or content. Designs/Develops standby database, reporting databases, and other specialized databases as needed to insure maximum levels of fault tolerance, availability, and performance
- Works with the Unix Systems Administrator, Network Administrator, and other technical staff as needed to provide technical leadership and team-participation for installation, management, and deployment of Database infrastructure support systems such as RAID, Mirroring, Clustering, etc.
- Supports software designers and developers in the design, development, and implementation of Oracle and other database-connected applications and mentors developers in the usage of SQL utilities, PL/SQL, development, testing, source code control tools and SQL tuning
- Participates in local, regional, and national Oracle Users’ groups and other technical/professional forums
- Engages in periodic evaluations of tools that may assist in improving performance or availability of the database, or improve the ability of the IS software development team to design and develop Oracle and other database-connected software
- Serve as backup to the Unix Systems Administrator as needed
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in an Information Technology related area preferred, with 3 to 6 years of experience as an Oracle DBA
Other Specialized Skills
- Operational knowledge of Unix systems and shell scripting
- Strong working knowledge of relational databases, client-server concepts, structured and object oriented programming techniques
- Working knowledge of business analysis and design techniques required
- Competent in administering Oracle and other databases on a variety of server platforms and operating systems, including Linux and Windows Server
For more a more detailed job description of the essential functions and responsibilities of a job opening listed above please inquire at email@example.com. If you feel you are the ideal candidate for one of these positions, please forward your resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also submit by fax to 336-697-3100 or by mail at:
Attn: Tamera Gethers, Training and Staffing Coordinator
P.O. Box 26029
Greensboro, N.C. 27420-6029
We are located 4 miles east of Greensboro, NC on Interstate 85/40. Our location puts us within convenient driving distance of Four Seasons Town Center, High Point, and Burlington, NC.
If you are traveling east on Interstate 85/40
Take exit 132 off I-85/40, east of Greensboro, NC
Exit 132 (Mt Hope Church Road)
Turn left at top of ramp
Travel across overpass, take first service road to the left (Knox Road, before gas station)
Knox Road dead-ends into Replacements
If you are traveling west on Interstate 85/40
Take Interstate 85/40 west of Burlington
Exit 132 (Mt Hope Church Road)
Turn right at top of ramp
Take first service road to the left (Knox Road, before gas station)
Follow Knox Road approximately one mile to Replacements